Rock Academy Melbourne XVIII – January 7-19, 2020
The first program for 2020 is going to be massive, with extra sessions, a visit from and a tour to Big Music Sydney.
If you’re not a musician, but love music then join in the Art of Rock Photography with Oli Sansom, running during week 2 of Rock Academy XVIII.
So if you’re a musician or a photographer there’s something awesome to be involved with in January 2020.
Rock Academy Melbourne is a school holiday program that helps develop the skills of teen musicians, aged 12-19. Forming bands, you are given guidance by some of Melbourne’s leading professional musicians and teachers.
Composite bands prepare cover songs and co-write original songs to be performed in front of family and friends at the final performance.
Rehearsal and mentoring sessions will take place at well known Bakehouse Studios in Richmond.
For Rock Academy XVIII we’ll be running two identical programs over two weeks of the summer holidays, so connect with your friends and work out which week rocks best for you
The weeks are:
- Week 1 – Tuesday, January 7 – Saturday, January 11, 2020 (Saturday afternoon show at M Pavilion.)
- Week 2 – SOLD OUT – Sunday, January 12 – Thursday, January 16, 2020 (Thu night show at Central Club Hotel, Richmond)
There will be limited spots each week, so make sure you get in early before they disappear.
Regardless of the week you book into there are a few extra workshops you may want to participate in.
While Big Music are in town we will run some combined sessions on Thu Jan 16 at Bakehouse – Songwriting, Guitar Tone Workshop, Drums, Bass Guitar and Vocal workshops with some very special mentors – stay tuned to our socials to see who they are as we announce them.
Added Show – On Friday, January 17 we are staging a special All Ages show at Wrangler Studios featuring Big Music, the Rock Academy tour bands and some special guest support and headline bands – we’ll announce soon. So regardless of which week your coming to Rock Academy keep these days clear and join in the madness.
Then to wind down and relax before flying north for the weekend we’ll have our first Rock Academy Tribe BBQ after the All Ages show at Wrangler.
SYDNEY TOUR SOLD OUT – If you’re interested in the Sydney Tour the itinerary looks like this:
It’s Rock Academy on steroids, extra sessions, extra shows and a trip to Sydney.
- Sun-Wed (January 12-15), rehearsal at Bakehouse Studios, 10am-4pm each day all in preparation for the end of program performance show.
- Thursday afternoon workshops with Big Music Sydney and special (to be announced) mentors – Songwriting, Guitar, Drums, Vocals and Bass.
- Performance Show at The Central Club Hotel on Thursday night (January 16).
- Friday, January 17, Special show at Wrangler Studios featuring Big Music Sydney, Rock Academy Sydney Tour Bands plus other bands formed through Rock Academy and yet to be announced headliner.
- Saturday, January 18, fly to Sydney, workshop songs with Big Music Sydney, BBQ and evening gig at Big Music Crows Nest.
- Sunday, January 19, a late morning / early afternoon at Luna Park with Big Music crew and then head back to Melbourne late afternoon.
Pricing: Rock Academy $465, Tour $820 = Total: $1,285
Parents are welcome to travel with us, just add a parent ticket on the events page.
Ask any questions or register your interest via the Contact Us page.