Working her ass off.
Musician, singer, songwriter, Topliner, marriage celebrant, bingo caller – this is Paris Wells now. A truly versatile creative that loves the hustle, Paris is an artist that dodges definitions.
Her powerful and soulful vocals along with her love of boogie beats have seen her build a varied career of solo projects and more recently, Topline work with DJs from her global music village.
Currently working on her third album release Third Party Situations whilst continuing her Toplining and DJ collaborations, Wells grew up in Sydney and then Melbourne with an early passion for neo-soul, b-boy hip hop and Euro boogie. Influenced by artists such as Cassius, Groove Armada, Randy Crawford and with an addiction for The Source Hip Hop compilations in the 90s, Paris began her performing career standing on a milk crate live Toplining over old funk songs to a packed city block party at St Jeromes.
Paris released her debut EP Mum Hasn’t Slept Yet (2007) and albums Keep It (2008) and Various Small Fires (2010) under Illusive Sounds. During this time, Paris worked and toured with some of music’s biggest names including Justin Timberlake, Lily Allen, Robyn, Jamie Lidell and Rod Stewart, and released collaborations with Aussie artists such as Bliss n Eso and True Live. Festival and performance creds over these years included Big Day Out, Melbourne Cup Carnival, AFL Grand Final, Falls Festival, Mona Foma, Fringe Festival and Cabaret Festival.
Paris moved to London in 2013 on the advice of Amy Winehouse’s manager, Raye Cosbert who suggested she explore more Topline work alongside her solo projects. On this recommendation, Paris teamed up with DJ Kaz James, forming a band / writing assembly with Belgian producer / composer Nico Renson. Together they wrote songs for other artists as well as for themselves, performed festivals in Europe (Bestival UK & IMS Ibiza) and Paris Toplined Kaz’s track ‘Stars’.
Relocating to Denmark in 2014, Paris moved deeper into her passion for beats and dance, working on her singles Overbite (originally written as a Topline for DJ EMC) which was released under Sony Denmark, Two Step Romance (released under micropope) and Viking. Now back in Melbourne, Paris is loving working with some of her long-time local crew – Finley Francois, Rasmus Vestervig (Denmark) and Dean Zepherin (UK) of Tribe Records to continue the boogie with a new album set to be finished in November and distributed via Believe Records internationally.
- Mum Hasn’t Slept Yet – Illusive Sounds (2007)
- Keep It – Illusive Sounds (2008)
- Various Small Fires – Illusive Sounds (2010)
- “Dat Du Dat” – Illusive Sounds (2008)
- “Lonely” – Illusive Sounds (2008)
- “Through And Through” – Illusive Sounds (2010)
- “Overbite” – Sony Denmark (2016)
- “Two Step Romance – Micropope (2017)
- “Viking” – Micropope 2018
- “Spirit in the Sky” 2019
- Flying Colours – Bliss n Eso – Illusive (26 April 2008) (song: “Field of Dreams”)
- “Nerve” – Watermelon Boy, Micropope
- “Stars” – Kaz James & Jono Fernandez – Stars
- “Success” – Chance Waters
- “What We Feel” North Pollard.
- “Slip n Slide” – Animal Feelings
- “Right Direction” – Morning Maxwell
- ISC International Song Contest: Best Pop song LONELY.
- APRA PDA Award.
- Personal Development Award.
- Melbourne Design Award for best clip.